While buying a garage door opener, make sure you have checked some important points such as, horsepower, type of driven system, motor power (AC or DC), safety and security features, remote control, and warranty. It will help you to buy a best garage door opener which suits your need and budget. New Haven garage door opener repair company offers services for all types of garage door opener models. Well, the following are the important points to look for.
- Horsepower: HP is basic information you need to get. The horsepower is related directly to garage door. It will tell you that opener has enough power to lift and lower the garage door. You should check all the aspects of garage door including weight, height, balance, and types of operating system.
- Type of driven system: There are three driven system of opener. Chain driven is the nosiest one because they are designed with metal chains along with metal trolley. But it is expensive and most popular option. Screw driven system works with a threaded steel rod. You may look for recent models that come with plastic-lined tracks to eliminate the noises which are generated due to metal to metal contact. Belt-driven is best in performance. If you are worried about loud sounds then belt driven is a good option for you.
- Safety and security features: It is an essential feature to keep your house protected. Fortunately, the reliable garage door opener utilizes these safety and security features. They also protect you from accidental closing in the event of break-ins. It also provides emergency release mechanism that allows you to disconnect the opener in worst situation.
- Remote control: Using a handy remote control to get in and out of your garage is a convenient way. You don’t need to get out of your car to operate your garage door. The availability of accessories such as, wireless keypad and key remotes has also increased.
- Motor of garage door opener: Efficient system use DC (direct current) motor instead of AC (alternating current) motor. DC motor needs less electricity but its speed can easily be controlled, allowing opener to be used quietly. Ac motor also allows soft start and stop.
- Warranty: It makes you comfortable while using the opener. Make sure that you have read all the fine lines for the eligibility of warranty. Some garage door companies offer warranty for the entire package while others offer warranty on its parts or motor.
If you are still confused about choosing a garage door opener according to your needs and budget, it is good to consult a professional garage door expert.