The garage door installation project is not as difficult as it sounds. As long as you follow the manual’s instructions provided by the manufacturer, it can be accomplished in just four to five hours. Remember that larger and automatic garage doors are harder to install than smaller or manual garage doors. Are you interested in installing a new garage door, https://choicegaragedoorcharlotte.com/garage-door-installation/ check the website.
At first, many garage door components and hardware could overwhelm you. There are several parts of the garage door such as, rollers, hinges, cables, metal tracks, handles, springs panels, mounting brackets, screws, bolts, and many more which should be considered. However, recent garage door models come with user-friendly installation kits and a user manual. The garage door comes in multiple sections which need to be assembled properly. As long as you read the manual’s instructions properly and follow them religiously, you will be able to end up with valuable results. There are some simple tips and techniques to install the garage door.
- The first step of garage door installation project is to remove the current or broken garage door, if it is a job of garage door replacement. It is recommended to hire a professional garage door service to help you with the job of removing the garage door since there is a risk that you might be injured by the tensed and powerful torsion spring of your current garage door.
- For the smooth operations of garage door, it should be balanced and the bottom of the tracks must ne parallel and level. It is also important that first track should be placed perfectly because all the remaining sessions are stack on it.
- Make sure that you are using high quality products supplied by the certified garage door manufacturer. Pay special attention to the bottom mounting brackets and other hardware. Make sure that they are fastened securely and avoid stripping the blots from too much force by over tightening them.
- Single paneled garage door is easiest to handle and install. Make sure that tracks are perfectly aligned and securely supported. When garage door starts to go up, if tracks fall or garage door comes out of the tracks, it can fall down. There are reported incidents where a garage door fell from metal tracks and hurt the people.
- Pay special attention to the instruction for the garage door spring installation. If garage door does not open or close properly when halfway opened, it means that springs are not adjusted properly. If you are able to lift the garage door to its halfway position and stay there, it means that springs are adjusted correctly.
Again, it is always wise to hire a professional garage door company to help you since the garage door is a heavy, large, hard-to-understand mechanism. However, if you are capable of handling it on your own, you will be able to save some money and enjoy your achievement of handling the project. Never try to remove or install the garage door torsion springs because they are highly tensed parts that could be dangerous to handle. Instead, it is strongly recommended that hire a professional garage door installer to handle the garage door installation project.